Why is my buyer getting an error when they try to purchase?
In this article, we will be reviewing troubleshooting tips if your AWeber Ecommerce buyer is receiving an error when attempting to make a purchase on your landing page.
There are two main errors that a customer might see when attempting to purchase from you.
Depending on the error, the troubleshooting steps may be different. We discuss these steps in the sections that follow.
Please note: In the case of these errors, the buyer was not charged and the payment failed.
Your Payment Could Not be Processed
- If the customer sees this error, you will need to investigate within Stripe. First, login to Stripe and click the "Developers" button in the upper right corner.
- Select "Logs" in the "Developers" drop-down.
- Select the "Failed" logs tab to view any failed purchases.
- Scroll down to view "Response body" on the right panel.
The Response body will show the error message that Stripe returned and help indicate why the payment was unable to be processed. You can now reach out to your buyer and provide them with any additional information.
Purchases from the Website Cannot Be Accepted
- There are a few places you should check to troubleshoot this error. First, check that the landing page is published. If the page isn't published, simply click the publish icon when hovering over your landing page.
- Next, check that the product is set up within your Stripe account and that you selected the product and appropriate settings in the Ecommerce button settings. You can view the product details from the "Product" tab.
- Make sure the list associated with the landing page is active. If your list was deactivated, you can reactivate it from the "Manage Lists" page. Just click the "Reactivate" button from the more options icon.
- Then, make sure your AWeber account is active. If your account is on the hold package, you can contact Customer Solutions to reactivate.
- You also need to make sure your AWeber account is completely integrated with Stripe, and that your Stripe account is set up with a bank account to accept purchases. If you are not sure if your account is set up properly, you can contact Stripe's customer service team to verify.
- If your AWeber and Stripe accounts are set up properly, there could be other underlying issues.
Please note: If you are using our AWeber for WordPress plugin, ECommeerce landing pages cannot be copied to WordPress. If you want all of your landing pages to have the same website domain, use AWeber to create a subdomain for your website (e.g. order.mywebsite.com) that can be used for your Ecommerce landing page.
Also, you must have a subdomain attached to the domain or the existing content on your site will be overwritten.
To do this, you can go to the "Domains and Addresses" settings of your account and add the subdomain and domain.
Then, we will provide you with DNS records to your add to your domain provider to connect to your AWeber account. Once the domain is successfully connected, you will have to re-sync the landing page to your WordPress site. You can do this through the plugin settings.
Have more questions? Submit a request