How do I use the Check Feed action and the Feed element together?
You can use the "Feed" element within the Drag & Drop Email Builder to pull in posts from any service that has an RSS feed -- your blog, episodes from your podcast, videos from your YouTube channel, or products from your Etsy store.
You can also use your RSS feed to further automate your campaign with the "Check Feed" action.
Use the campaign "Check Feed" action and the message "Feed" element together to automatically send your latest content to your subscribers.
For example, let's say you want to notify subscribers of a new post on your blog so you can drive traffic to your site. The "Check Feed" action would see that there is a new post and send out an automated message.
If you wanted to notify your subscribers of the post and also include a preview of the post within your message, you would then use the "Feed" element within the message itself.
In this article, we're going to walk through the steps to set up the "Check Feed" action within your campaign and how it can be used in tandem with the "Feed" element. We provide a few campaign templates with pre-made messages and content for you get set up quickly and start sending out your posts.
Step By Step Instructions
- Go to the "Campaigns" page and click "Create a Campaign."
- Then, you'll see the pre-made campaign templates. The "Blog Newsletter" and "YouTube Newsletter" are designed specifically to pull in posts.
- This is what the "Blog Newsletter" sequence looks like.
And here is the "YouTube Newsletter" sequence.
- Next, you will need to add your RSS feed URL into the "Feed" element within the message. To edit the message with your own content, simply click the "Send Message" action and click the subject line on the right-hand side of the editor.
- Within the drag & drop editor, click on the "Feed" element and enter your RSS feed URL in the "URL" box.
- If you want to pull in new posts from the feed, select the "Dynamic Feed" option. Continue editing the message to your liking, and click "Save & Exit" once complete.
And that's it! You can continue customizing the "Feed" element settings and the design of the message. Once complete, make sure to click "Save & Exit."
When you're finished designing the message, you can adjust the settings for the "Check Feed" action, like what days of the week to send, how many posts need to be present on the feed before sending, and how often the message will send.