How do I set up Auto Newsletter so it doesn’t send my old posts to new subscribers?
This article reviews two different methods for how to set up an automated newsletter campaign so that it only triggers for new subscribers when new content is available from a blog, Youtube channel, or other feeds. Using an automated newsletter campaign, when a new subscriber joins the mailing list and receives the campaign, they will be sent the most recent content by default.
Using a Wait action would be a good option for anyone making posts on a regular schedule, while using the Check Feed action would be better used by anyone who doesn't have a set schedule.
Step by Step Instructions
Using a Wait Action
- After creating an automated newsletter campaign, using one of our templates, add a new wait action before the check feed element.
- Using this Wait action, add a new send window so that it sends when the content is regularly posted.
Note: A subscriber will have to complete the set wait interval before the send window can be met, so be sure to set the interval to be a short period of time.
And that's it! After saving and exiting the campaign, any new subscribers added to the campaign will only receive future posts. Here's an example of how it would look when using the Wait action:
Using a Check Feed Action
- After creating an automated newsletter campaign, using one of our templates, click and drag a new Check Feed action above the existing Check Feed action.
- In the new Check Feed action, use the same feed URL as the existing Check Feed action, then set the frequency to "Hourly" and have it repeat for 1 occurrence.
- A Send Message action is automatically populated within a new Check Feed action — be sure to remove the empty Send Message action.
And that's it! After saving and exiting the campaign, any new subscribers added to the campaign will only receive future posts. Here's an example of how it would look when using the Check Feed action: