How do I set up Auto Newsletter so it doesn’t send my old posts to new subscribers?
This article reviews two different methods for how to set your automated newsletter campaign so that it only triggers for new subscribers when new content from your blog, Youtube channel, or other feeds you may use is posted. When using an automated newsletter campaign, if a new subscriber begins on your campaign they will be sent your most recent content by default.
While both options will work great, one of the two may better suit your needs. Using a wait action would be a good option for anyone making posts on a regular schedule, while using the check feed would be better used by anyone who doesn't have a set schedule for when they make posts.
Using a wait action
- After creating your automated newsletter campaign, using one of our templates, you would want to add a new wait action before the check feed element.
- Using this wait action, you would want to add a new send window so that it sends when you regularly make a post.
Note: A subscriber will have to complete the wait interval before the send window is used, so you would want to set the interval to be a very short period of time.
That's it! After saving and exiting your campaign, any new subscribers added to your campaign will only receive your future posts. Here's an example of how it would look when using the wait action:
Using a check feed action
- After creating your automated newsletter campaign, using one of our templates, you will want to click and drag a new check feed action above the previous one.
- In this new check feed action you'll want to use the same feed URL, set the frequency for "Hourly" and have it repeat for 1 occurrence.
- We automatically include a send message action within a new check feed element, so you'll want to remove it.
That's it! After saving and exiting your campaign, any new subscribers added to your campaign will only receive your future posts. Here's an example of how it would look when using the check feed action: