How can I automatically send my YouTube videos after they are published?
Use Campaigns to automatically send a message to subscribers after a new video is posted to the YouTube channel. This email notification will make sure people know they have a new video to watch and help increase YouTube views.
Step By Step Instructions
- Click to create a new campaign.
- Select the "YouTube Automation" template.
- Using the Check Feed action, link it to YouTube channel.
- Under Feed URL, paste in the link to the YouTube channel — the link will automatically update to retrieve the video feed: https://www.youtube.com/feeds/videos.xml?channel_id=XXX
- Set the frequency to schedule often to send the notification.
Note: Keep the Frequency setting to Hourly to send a notification as soon as the video posted. Otherwise, choose from Daily, Weekly, or Monthly to send the notifications on a set schedule
- Next, click on the Send Message action inside Step 3 to start editing the Campaign message.
- Under "Selected message", click the subject line to edit the notification message.
- Replace the sample article provided by the template.
- Using the Feed element, enter the Youtube channel URL to load the video feed.
Note: Set the feed to dynamic to send the latest content.
- Customize the notification message. Once completed, click the "Save & Exit" to save your message and return to the Campaign editor.
- Click "Save & Exit" again to save the Campaign.
- Lastly, activate the Campaign to start sending.
Currently, this template is set to trigger for all new subscribers that sign up for the mailing list. Existing subscribers can be added new campaign to new Campaign using tags.
Additionally, by updating the campaign trigger to "Tag Applied", the notification message can be sent to a specific group of subscribers.